| DE | EN | F
History
The History of our Company
1883 Carl Schubert and Bruno Salzer begin manufacturing hosiery knitting machines in a small backyard building in Poststrasse in the town of Chemnitz.

1885 The Königliche Geschützgießerei (Royal Ordnance Foundry) and Königliche Hauptlaboratorium (Royal Principal Laboratory) begin operations in Ingolstadt.

1887
Carl Schubert and Bruno Salzer acquire a 4,880 square metre site in Chemnitz on which they construct a factory for the manufacture of hosiery knitting machines.

1889 The company founded by Carl Schubert and Bruno Salzer is turned into Chemnitzer Wirkmaschinenfabrik AG.

1904 Chemnitzer Wirkmaschinenfabrik AG is renamed Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG. It also begins making bicycles and cash registers.

1920 The Königliche Hauptlaboratorium and the Königliche Geschützgießerei are incorporated into Deutsche Werke AG. Production is converted to civilian articles such as castings and stack fittings, then also to spinning machines.

1925 Deutsche Werke AG is renamed Deutsche Spinnereimaschinenbau AG (DESPAG), based in Ingolstadt.

1938 Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG in Chemnitz acquires a majority share holding in DESPAG in Ingolstadt. The company in Ingolstadt, Deutsche Spinnereimaschinenbau AG, is immediately redesignated as a branch operation of Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG.

After the Second World War the head office is relocated from Chemnitz to Ingolstadt.

1952 Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG becomes the second German business to begin producing investment castings.

1987
Rieter AG, Winterthur, acquires a majority share holding in Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG.

1990
The castings and fittings divisions are hived off and become independent businesses.

1991 Dr. Arnold Kawlath and investment company Deutsche Beteiligungsgesellschaft acquire the Schubert & Salzer castings and fittings businesses. A holding company, Schubert & Salzer GmbH, now controls the Schubert & Salzer Group, comprising:

    - Schubert & Salzer Eisenguss GmbH [iron casting]
    - Schubert & Salzer Feinguss GmbH [investment casting]
    - Schubert & Salzer Ingolstadt-Armaturen GmbH [fittings]
    - Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH

The spinning machine business Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG is renamed Rieter Ingolstadt Spinnereimaschinenbau AG. The name Schubert & Salzer is retained for the castings and fittings businesses.

The Schubert & Salzer Group acquires the nodular cast iron foundry of GISAG AG in Leipzig.

The Schubert & Salzer Group acquires investment casting company Feingusswerk Lobenstein GmbH in Thuringia.

1993 The iron foundry in Leipzig is reconstructed and the large iron castings operation is moved into it. Meanwhile, the investment casting operation is moved to Lobenstein. Some of the Ingolstadt foundries are closed.

1994 The second-oldest iron foundry in Germany, Eisenwerk Erla GmbH in Saxony, founded in 1330, is acquired.

Schubert & Salzer GmbH and Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH establish their joint subsidiary Schubert & Salzer UK Ltd.

1995 The Schubert & Salzer large iron castings foundry in Leipzig is sold to Georg Fischer AG, Schaffhausen.

At the same time, the Erla foundry is reconstructed and the remaining foundry operations are relocated from Ingolstadt to Erla.

1996 The company gives up all its leased buildings in Ingolstadt and moves into a new company-owned facility at 38 Bunsenstrasse.

1997 Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH establishes its subsidiary Schubert & Salzer France SARL.

1998 Schubert & Salzer GmbH establishes its subsidiary Schubert & Salzer Data GmbH.

Schubert & Salzer Ingolstadt-Armaturen GmbH is sold to British company DELTA.

1999 Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH establishes its subsidiary Schubert & Salzer Inc., USA.

2004 The Schubert & Salzer Group becomes an entirely family-owned business. Kawlath Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH and Betz Beteiligungsgesellschaft mbH acquire the shares in the business held up to that point by Deutsche Beteiligungs AG.

2007 Schubert & Salzer Eisenwerk Erla GmbH is sold to the Indian Sanmar Group.

Schubert & Salzer GmbH and Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH establish their joint subsidiary Schubert & Salzer Benelux BVBA/SPRL.

2011 Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH opens a Liaison Office in Mumbai, India.

2015 Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH takes over the valve business from damko Ventiltechnik GmbH & Co. KG, Schaafheim and, consequently, is the sole European sliding gate valve manufacturer.

2016
Opening of a new ultra-modern customer training centre at the Ingolstadt location.



Search type: