This motto that the Schubert & Salzer owners of the time had engraved into the Schubert & Salzer tower bell in Chemnitz continues to be significantly important today, 135 years after the company was founded. When it comes to strategic considerations, the Schubert & Salzer Group has always adapted to the market requirements and welcomed new challenges.
Our way of thinking and working is oriented to the long term. We focus on the long-term security of our family business rather than short-term optimisation of revenues. The traditional values which characterise our long company history serve as a benchmark, provide orientation and also show us how to work in the future. Today, Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH, Schubert & Salzer Feinguss Lobenstein GmbH and Schubert & Salzer Data GmbH all trade under the umbrella of Schubert & Salzer Holding. The “&” in Schubert & Salzer symbolises our openness in terms of customer wishes and the connection of our employees and suppliers with our clients through technology.
„Never slacken your will, never shy from the test,to improve yourself from better to best. Only those souls who seek constant improvement are truly alive, only they who create, truly live!“
Schubert & Salzer, Chemnitz 1883
Carl Schubert and Bruno Salzer begin manufacturing hosiery knitting machines in Chemnitz
The Königliche Geschützgießerei (Royal Ordnance Foundry) and Königliche Hauptlaboratorium (Royal Principal Laboratory) begin operations in Ingolstadt.
The company founded by Carl Schubert and Bruno Salzer becomes Chemnitzer Wirkmaschinenfabrik AG.
Chemnitzer Wirkmaschinenfabrik AG is renamed Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG. Bicycles and cash registers are produced.
The casting activities in Ingolstadt are incorporated into the "Reichswerke", from which Deutsche Werke AG was founded in 1920.
The Königliche Hauptlaboratorium and the Königliche Geschützgießerei switch to civilian products which include cast bodies for valves and later to spinning machines.
Deutsche Werke AG is renamed Deutsche Spinnereimaschinenbau AG Ingolstadt (DESPAG).
Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG in Chemnitz acquires a majority of shares in the DESPAG in Ingolstadt. Following the Second World War, the company headquarters are relocated from Chemnitz to Ingolstadt.
Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG becomes the second German company to produce investment castings.
Commissioning of the largest European flasked moulding plant in Ingolstadt.
2800 x 1300 x 500/500 mm
Launch of the mass production of pneumatic operated brass and bronze globe and angle seat valves for industrial applications
Presentation of the first sliding gate valve in flange design with ceramic gaskets
Founding of the "Measurement and Control Technology" profit centre at Schubert & Salzer and market launch of the first functional sliding gate valve in a wafer design
Rieter AG, Winterthur, acquires a majority share holding in Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG
Dr. Arnold Kawlath acquires the Schubert & Salzer castings and valve segments outsourced by Rieter. As part of the Schubert & Salzer GmbH Holding, the Schubert & Salzer Company Group is created with the following companies:
Schubert & Salzer Eisenguss GmbH [iron casting]
Schubert & Salzer Feinguss GmbH [investment casting]
Schubert & Salzer Ingolstadt-Armaturen GmbH [fittings]
Schubert & Salzer Control Systems GmbH
Schubert & Salzer Maschinenfabrik AG is renamed Rieter Ingolstadt Spinnereimaschinenbau AG. The Schubert & Salzer name is retained for the for the castings and valve companies.
Acquisition of Feingusswerke Lobenstein GmbH, Thuringia
Acquisition of the GISAG AG spheroidal cast iron foundry in Leipzig
The foundation stone for the new foundry building in Leipzig is laid. Investment of approximately € 75 million for the new construction of buildings and the largest European flasked moulding plant (Heinrich-Wagner-Sinto moulding plant).
2500 x 1600 x 500/500 mm
Schubert & Salzer programs ERP solutions for the first time.
The Ingolstadt investment foundry company headquarters is relocated to Lobenstein.
Acquisition of the second-oldest German foundry, Eisenwerk Erla GmbH in Saxony, which was founded in 1330.
Founding of the Schubert & Salzer UK Ltd. subsidiary
Sale of the Leipzig-based Schubert & Salzer large iron castings foundry to Georg Fischer AG, Schaffhausen.
New construction of the foundry in Erla. The remaining foundry activities are relocated from Ingolstadt to Erla.
The company gives up all of its leased buildings in Ingolstadt and moves into a new company-owned facility at Bunsenstrasse 38
Founding of the Schubert & Salzer France SARL subsidiary
Founding of Schubert & Salzer Data GmbH
Sale of Schubert & Salzer Ingolstadt-Armaturen GmbH to the British DELTA Group
Founding of the Schubert & Salzer Inc., USA subsidiary.
Launch of in-house electronic development for industrial valves.
Second product generation of the dataSystems ERP solution.
The Schubert & Salzer Company Group becomes a pure family-owned company.
Development of the first digital positioner
Founding of the Schubert & Salzer Benelux BVBA/SPRL subsidiary
Development of the ball sector valve range
Founding of a liaison office in Mumbai, India
Market launch of the first electric motor actuator
Acquisition of the segment disc valve range from damko
Rapid Prototyping 3D printing process for the manufacture of smaller batch sizes for complex components in the investment foundry in Bad Lobenstein.
Founding on the Schubert & Salzer India Private Limited subsidiary
Closure of the liaison office in Mumbai, India
Re-launch of the dataSystems ERP solution